Scared of Money

This is about getting the most out of life for the least amount of money. And doing it with a bit of style.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

How I Choose My Vanguard IRA

I finally choose my Vanguard IRA. I gave Vanguard my timeline for retirement (40 some years from now or earlier if possible : ) and they gave me three choices - Growth Index Fund, U.S. Growth Fund Investor and Mid-Cap Index Fund. I narrowed it down to the two index funds because my financial planner from work recommend an index fund. Then I looked at both of the fund's descriptions, past performance (yes, I know, I know, past performance doesn't guarantee future results), looked up the definition of mid-cap on wikipedia, recalled the cover of BusinessWeek that said mid-caps were outperforming blue chips and decided on the Mid-Cap Index Fund. Was it scientific or strategic? No. BUT I made a decision, didn't miss the tax deadline for the 2005 IRA and now have one less thing to worry about. I can always change my mind later.

Baby steps, baby steps...

2 Comments:

At Wed Apr 26, 03:36:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of Baby steps, I heard you are going to be an Aunt. I think it would fincially wise to set your new niece or nephew up with a starting college fund. Especially if they are as smart as you are.

 
At Tue Oct 20, 02:01:00 AM PDT, Blogger Roston said...

The gild is facing problems with much laws. This has to go licit and
it's necessary to be classified at the early.
Rubic
wow gold

 

Post a Comment

<< Home