Scared of Money

This is about getting the most out of life for the least amount of money. And doing it with a bit of style.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Crazy, Free Stuff from Restaurants

I love food and I love free stuff, so imagine my pleasant suprise when I found this post fromFree Money Finance on joining birthday clubs. I joined the birthday clubs from Coldstone Creamery and Baskin Robbins, so I can get coupons for a free birthday cone. Then imagine my complete delight when I found out from the Festival of Frugality posted by Money and Values that Noodles & Company will send you a coupon for a free meal when you sign up AND on your birthday. While checking out Noodles & Company, I noticed that they directed me to a Web site called Fishbowl.com, so I decided to check that Web site out, and apparently they put together loyalty programs for restaurants. So by checking out their clients, I was able to find programs for Dairy Queen's blizzard club, Maggianos and Red Robin. Hopefully, I don't have to use the coupon ON my birthday but get a little leeway. : )

Other restaurants that I wasn't as excited about include Famous Daves, Houlihans, Qdobas, Red Lobster and Joe's Crab Shack.

Enjoy! And let me know if you know of any more. You can never have enough free food.

1 Comments:

At Wed Apr 12, 10:43:00 PM PDT, Blogger Barry Barnitz said...

Hi:

First, I want to congratulate you on starting your investment career, and, more importantly, selecting Vanguard as your investment fiduciary. A low cost indexed portfolio, growing with a consistent yearly savings and investment program, will provide you with almost 90-98% of the market's returns (as opposed to the 70% take that Wall Street can take from your lifetime accumulation).

The key determinants to your investment returns will include the following:
1. Your asset allocation, which simply means how you divide your portfolio among asset classes (for example US Stocks,International Stocks, Equity Real Estate (REITS), and Bonds).

2. Your costs. The lower your fund and tax costs, the greater your return.

3. Your discipline. Once you have selected an appropriate asset allocation plan, you need to stick with it.

If you would like to learn from your fellow Vanguard investors, I would urge you to take a daily read from the Morningstar Vanguard Diehard Forum. The forum is noted for its civility and devotion to helping each other. Here is the link to the Diehard sister site:

Guide to the Vanguard Diehards Forum

My blog is devoted to Indexing; it is slanted more towards experienced index investors, but you should, hopefully, find many of my postings and links to be of value.

Here is the link to my page:
Financial Page.

Hope this helps,
Barry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home