Scared of Money

This is about getting the most out of life for the least amount of money. And doing it with a bit of style.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Dress For The Job You Want

After a great job sticking to my new budget, I blew it. I totally lack self-discipline. I stopped at some outlet stores coming back from a ski town close to where I live. I left with (1) pink Ralph Lauren button down, (1) Banana Republic cream eyelet jacket and (1) Banana republic sheer button down top thingy for a total of $150. All items were very marked down and are totally work appropriate.

As I've mentioned previously, I can justify ANY purchase to myself. How did I justify this one? I REALLY need more "grown-up" clothing. I tend to push the casual envelope at my office a little too far. I don't think it's hurt my career but I do believe "Dress for the job you want, not the job you have" and "Look good, feel good." So this is a professional development expense, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home