Scared of Money

This is about getting the most out of life for the least amount of money. And doing it with a bit of style.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Caveman Have It Better Than Me

I don't spend a lot of time on my good choices, but here's one way I save money. I live like a caveman. Seriously.

I don't have...

A TV
Cable
Internet
An iPod
Digital Camera
DVD Player
VCR
Netflix

I've never had cable. Ever. I use my apartment's business center for Internet (and blogging). I listen to the radio. My friends send me their pictures. Not only do I not download iTunes, I have probably bought 5 CDs in my life. I gave up TV in May 2005. And I don't miss it. If I want to watch TV, I have to workout at the gym in my apartment. I usually drive to my sister's on Sundays to watch Grey's Anatomy. Eventually, I might breakdown and get a TV again, because it's hard to keep up with the news if you don't have one. And if I don't do that, I might buy a portable DVD player because I miss watching movies when I don't go out. I have a cell phone but not a land line.

It's not that I don't want these things, but living under your means (or trying to) is about making choices. And technology isn't high on my priority list. Call me crazy for speding $165 on highlights and a cut every two months. But I think it's absurd to spend a $100 a month (at least) on Internet and Cable. To each his (or her) own : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home