Scared of Money

This is about getting the most out of life for the least amount of money. And doing it with a bit of style.

Friday, February 17, 2006

I'm a procrastinator. I always have been. In high school, my dad drove me to downtown to mail my college applications at 11 p.m. so I could them postmarked by the application deadline. Despite my crappy habits, I somehow got accepted into college and made it through.

Why do today what can be done tomorrow? Late fees. And the damage to your credit report.

As I'm trying to reform my financial habits, this will likely be the best way to shave off unnecessary spending. I pay my bills today -- some overdue and some way early. And I paid $150 in late fees. Ouch. I already have recurring payments for my car and insurance. I signed up today for recurring payments on my cell phone. And I'm going to try to figure out how to do e-bill pay for my utilities. My first financial goal for 2006 is to incur no more late fees. That's just giving money away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home