Scared of Money

This is about getting the most out of life for the least amount of money. And doing it with a bit of style.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The Hairstylist, My BFF

One of the most ridiculous expenses I rack up on is my haircuts. I love my hairstylist. She's like my BFF. I just got a cut, partial highlights and exebrow wax for $165. Ouch. But this is an item I refuse to cut back on.

I've been with her for 3 years. My sister's been with here for 5 years. She knows my life history. She knows my hair. I don't even have to think about what I'm going to do or what I want. I just go with her recommendation and love it. I don't buy the over-priced products but I do tip 2o percent on average. On the way to the salon, I thought that I should let this expense go. I don't think I could ever commit to Fantastic Sam's but maybe I could go to an Aveda training salon. But I can't. And after I got my haircut I really feel like I've made the right decision. A bad haircut can take years to grow out. Trust me, I know.

But if I'm going to keep going to my oh so fancy salon then I need to cut back in other areas. This is the hard part - evaluating what you want to keep, what you need to keep and what has to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home