Scared of Money

This is about getting the most out of life for the least amount of money. And doing it with a bit of style.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Did you have something to say? Or did you just call to chat?

One thing I really want to do is examine my recurring expenses and see if I can make any additional cuts. I started with my cell phone bill, which is one expense that really irks me. I'm not a big phone person. I'm infamous in my family for once telling someone "Did you have something to say? Or did you just call to chat?" In my defense, I was 8-years-old at the time. Needless to say I don't use a lot of minutes.

I'm on Sprint's Fair-and-Flexible Plan, plus I have $5 for unlimited Sprint PCS-to-PCS calls and $6 for phone insurance. I'm on a two-year plan so I'm stuck with Sprint for awhile. I compared other plans and this one works best for me. I also decided to keep the $6 phone insurance. I'm on my third cell phone in two and a 1/2 years, so I'd rather keep that with the obnoxious price of cell phones. But I did decide to get rid of the unlimited PCS-to-PCS calling. I got it originally when my Mom and I shared a phone plan and that way all my calls to my Mom were free. Plus, every single one of my old roommates from college have Sprint. But now that I'm well within my minutes, it was time to let that one go. 12 X $5 = $60. Not a lot but I'd rather keep the money than Sprint, the Satan of cell phone carriers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home